But life is unexpected and I found myself leaving the theater for retail, and later, leaving retail for writing.
And it's been a blast!
Here are the top ten reasons I find that being an author is the best career a gal (or guy) can have.
5. Coffee all day and wine all night are expected staples of an author's diet.
6. If someone ticks me off, I can just write them into a story and then kill their character. Or make something equally terrible happen to them. Either way... it's still legal.
7. If I don't feel like working that day, I can just tell everyone I have writers block.
8. I'm not limited by an office space. I can take my notebook or laptop anywhere I want to work that day. If I want to write at the library, in my office, at the beach, or out in a field... I can do that.
9. No workplace drama. The closest you get to it is that one reviewer who didn't like your book and had some yucky things to say, but you don't have to work with them daily.